Latest News -
- Click here to view our latest photos
Most Recent Photo Albums
2017 Summer Reading
- Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
- The Night before Preschool by Natasha Wing.
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn.
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr., John Archambault and Lois Ehlert.
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle.
- My Five Senses by Aliki (Non-Fiction).
Please choose one of your child’s assigned summer reading books (Kindergarten Rocks! by Katie Davis (Fiction) or Lady Bugs by Gail Gibbons (Non-Fiction)) pick one of the options below for your child to complete before entering Kindergarten. We will be sharing and discussing each individual project the week school resumes.
Make a 2 to 3 minute video recording with a reenactment of one of your favorite events from the story. You may use friends and family members as actors and actress-es. You can video tape with an iPad, cell phone, etc… and upload it to a computer. Please copy the video onto a DVD, or e-mail it to your child’s teacher before the new school year begins.
Write a song that tells about your story. You may sing your song with or without music.
This song can be pop, country, rap – the choice is yours! Have someone video your performance and bring the DVD for us to enjoy!
Create a life-size portrait of one of the characters from your book. The portrait should include a written piece that tells about the character.
The piece should also include information about the setting, events, traits, or conflicts in the book that involve the characters.
- Little Dog Lost by Monica Carnesi A.R. 1.5
- DogKu by Andrew Clements A.R. 1.1
- What is the story of our flag? by Janice Behrens A.R. 2.7
- Get Ready for Second Grade, Amber Brown by Paula Danziger A.R. 3.0
- There's a Map on My Lap! All About Maps by Tish Rabe A.R. 3.2
- Mapping Penny’s World by Loreen Leedy A.R. 3.5
- Spider (Grow with me Series) by Valerie Bodden A.R. 4.2
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White A.R. 4.4
- Frindle by Andrew Clements A.R. 5.4
Non-Fiction (Select One):
- Courage to Run, A Story Based on the Life of Harriet Tubman by Wendy G. Lawton A.R. 4.8
- Can't You Make Them Behave, King George? by Jean Fritz A.R. 5.6
- Where Do You Think You’re Going, Christopher Columbus? by Jean Fritz A.R. 5.8
Non-Fiction (Read Both)
- Who was Jesus? by Ellen Morgan A.R. 5.0
Fiction (Select One)
- Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan A.R. 5.3
- Sounder by William H. Armstrong A.R. 5.3
- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit A.R. 5.0
- Lawn Boy and Lawn Boy Returns by Gary Paulsen (must read both) A.R. 4.3/5.6
- Eleven Birthdays by Wendy Mass A.R. 4.1
- Football Hero by Tim Green A.R. 5.1
- Changeling by Delia Sherman A.R. 5.2
- Lost Time by Susan Maupin Schmid A.R. 4.9
- Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (Unabridged) A.R. 5.7
- Survivors: True Stories of Children in the Holocaust by Allan Zullo A.R. 6.4
Fiction (Select One)
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle A.R. 4.7
- Tangerine by Edward Bloor A.R. 4.3
- Life on Mars by Jennifer Brown A.R. 5.0
- Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo A.R. 4.3
- Heaven Is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Burpo, Todd A.R. 6.3
Fiction (Choose one from the following for which you have not AR tested.)
- Just Jake: Book 1 by Jake Marcionette A.R. 4.9
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak A.R. 5.1
- Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli A.R. 4.2
- Scat by Carl Hiaasen A.R. 5.5
- Theodore Boone: The Abduction by John Grisham A.R. 5.5
- The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin Dionne A.R. 5.0
- Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements A.R. 4.5
- How to Grow Up and Rule the World by Scott Seegert A.R. 7.7
Come Join our Fun Filled Summer Camp
OLL will be offering an enrichment program for students, ages 3 - 8 during the summer of 2017. Theprogram will be open every week from June 19 to July 2, 8:00am to 4:00pm, expect for the week of july 3 - july 7.
Camp Leaders: Ms. Anexa Lara and Ms. Ana Abraham.
Some activities offered in our summer camp program.Fun indoor and outdoor activities.
- Pizza parties.
- Smart board interctive learning.
- Indoor bounce house.
Class size is limited so please ensure your child's spot by registering promptly.
Registration Fee: $100.00.
Weekly Cost: $150.00.
Any questions please email Anexa Lara at email@example.com
*Hurry and Sign up, Limited Space Available!*
OLL Makerspace Donation
Let Us Help With Your Spring Cleaning!
For 2017-2018 we plan to open the Our Lady of the Lakes Makerspace This will be a space for students to build, create, code, invent and learn.
We Need Your Help!
Here Are Items You Can Donate
Items Around The House
- Cardboard boxes (collapsed)
- Paper Towel Rolls/Toilet Rolls
- Oatmeal Canisters
- Small Toolsets/Basic Tools
- Ribbon, Yarn, String
- Masking Tape
- Plastic Lids/Caps
Old Electronics to Take Apart
- Alarm Clocks
- Game consoles
- Small appliances
- Corded telephones
Toys Your Children No Longer Use
- Legos (Both Duplo & Regular Size)
- Marble Runs
- Wooden blocks
- Lincoln logs
- Snap Circuit Sets
- Magnetic Blocks (Magformers/Magnatiles)
Our Lady of Lourdes Honor Roll
|First Name||Last Name||Prev School||Honor Roll Stat|
|Elizabeth||Menendez||Our Lady of the Lakes||First Honors|
|Emily||Sanudo||Our Lady of the Lakes||Second Honors|
McCarthy High School 2016-17 quarter one honor roll
Join us as we congratulate those students that graduated from Our Lady of the Lakes Catholic School on their accomplishments and are in the Archbishop Edward A. McCarthy High School 2016-17 quarter one honor roll.
We wish them continued success at Archbishop McCarthy High School.
2016-17 AR Stellar and AR Millionaire Goal
|AR Stellar Students as of end of 3rd Quarter|
|1st Grade AR Stellar (20,000 words)||Daniel Perez, Megan Cumana.|
|2nd Grade AR Stellar (150,000 words)||Ryan Alcantara, Michael Perez, Alyssa Alagna.|
|3rd Grade AR Stellar (325,000 words)||Isabela Napoles, Emily Fernandez.|
|AR Millionaire Goal|
|Third Grade||Abigail Potter.|
|Fifth Grade||Jaden Castro, Omar Ortega, Jennifer Benitez .|
|Seventh Grade||Madison Martinez.|
|Eighth Grade||Gavin Baltar.|
St. Thomas Aquinas Honor Roll For First Quarter 2016-17
|Dario Brugger||First Honors||Quarter 1||9||Our Lady of the Lakes School|
|Joseph Munoz||Principal's Honor Roll||Quarter 1||9||Our Lady of the Lakes School|
|Cecilia Tome||Principal's Honor Roll||Quarter 1||10||Our Lady of the Lakes School|
- We are raffling a small painting of Mary and Jesus, and the tickets are $2 each.
- If you are looking for that special gift for a wedding, baptism, or loved one, stop by the Our Lady of the Lakes Gift Shop.
- It has a beautiful array of books, jewelry, home decorations, and many other items.
Stop by soon!
Increase your donation to Our Lady of the Lakes with employer matching funds. Many employers will match your personal donation. Check with your company for more information on matching gift programs. Employer matching gifts may also be available to you if you are the spouse of an employee, a retired employee or the spouse/widow/widower of a retiree.
What is a Matching Gift?
A matching gift, also known as a matching fund or matching donation is a charitable gift made toward a non-profit organization by a matching donor (e.g., an employer) under the provision that an original donor (e.g., an employee) first makes a gift toward that organization.
Examples of Companies that do Match:
- Bank of America
- General Electric
- American Express
- Click here to know more...
For additional information or questions, please contact Elsa Reus, Director, Community Relations and Alumni, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-558-2202 ext. 616.